Trainee Research Award
Nominations for 2023 are now closed.
This award was first presented in 1986 to recognize the scientific merit and excellence of presentation and research work done by a resident, research fellow, or graduate student in a training program.
Submissions can be for either the basic or the clinical research categories, with one winner being chosen in each.
The Call for nominations for the Trainee Research Award (TRA), formerly the Student Presentation Award, is conducted by the Canadian Cardiovascular Society in February of each year as part of the Call for Science.
- Candidates must either be a resident, clinical or research fellow, graduate student, or medical student in an accredited training program;
- Candidates may not be a previous winner (1st place) of the Trainee Research Award;
- Candidates must self nominate and must indicate their interest in being considered for the award at the time that they submit their Abstracts through the submission system to CCS;
- To be considered for the Trainee Research Award, a letter from the candidate’s supervisor must be uploaded with the submitted Abstract at vascular2023.ca. The letter must indicate that the Abstract is to be considered for the Trainee Research Award competition, confirm that the candidate is in a training program at the time of Abstract submission and attest that the candidate is the principal investigator of the research project;
- The candidate can enter more than one abstract for the Trainee Research Award, but only one abstract can be presented and the abstract cannot be entered simultaneously in the CCS Young Investigator Award (YIA) competition;
- To be eligible, the candidate’s research must be original and cannot have been presented or published prior to the CCC Scientific Annual Meeting. The candidate must clarify their role in the research work submitted.
Award Prize and Oral Presentation:
- Award winners (one Basic, one Clinical) will each receive a cash prize of $500 and a plaque;
- When appropriate, up to two runners-up in each category may be selected to receive a $250 cash prize and a plaque if a single winner cannot be decided by the judges;
- At the discretion of the SPC, the award recipients may be announced at the annual Congress.
If you have any questions regarding this award, please contact: email@example.com.