Become a Fellow of the CCS
What is a Fellow of the CCS?
Election as a Fellow of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS) recognizes your clinical, scientific, and professional accomplishments and volunteer leadership and service. The right to include the initials FCCS among your credentials lets your colleagues and patients know that you have met the high standards required for Fellowship designation in the national organization of cardiovascular professionals in Canada.
Fellowship is open to clinicians, scientists and other doctorates with a major and productive interest in cardiovascular sciences.
Click here to see a complete list of CCS Fellows.
Congratulations to our 2022 elected Fellows:
To be eligible for consideration for FCCS, applicants must have been a CCS Regular or Life Member for at least (5) five consecutive years and must be members in good standing at the time of application. Fellowship is open to clinicians, scientists and clinician researchers with a major and productive interest in cardiovascular sciences.
- Possess a specialist certification in the cardiovascular field or equivalent (clinicians), PhD or equivalent (scientists), or RCPSC certification in cardiovascular field or equivalent (clinician researchers); other certifications may be considered by the review committee
- Be recognized by peers as competent in the field of cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular sciences
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards of professional behavior
- Demonstrate significant accomplishment as a clinician, scientist or clinician researcher in cardiovascular medicine or science
- Demonstrate significant current and/or past volunteer service to the CCS or to the Canadian Cardiovascular community.
In addition to the core benefits of CCS membership, as a Fellow of the CCS you will receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Use of designation of Fellow of the CCS (FCCS)
- Eligible to apply for a leadership position on CCS Council/Board of Directors
- Advance registration and housing for the Annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congres
- Participation on CCS Advisory Board of Experts
- Recognition at annual CCS Awards ceremony
- Recognition on CCS web site and at ABM
- Fellowship certificate suitable for framing
- Fellowship pin
- Access to FCCS Lounge at CCC
- Fellows ribbon to be worn on badge at CCC
- Ability to nominate Fellowship candidates
FCCS applications may be submitted to the CCS office until April 30 of every year, and will be peer reviewed once per year by a committee of FCCS members. The application requirements are as follows:- Complete online application;- Cover letter from applicant outlining how they meet criteria for FCCS (Max 2 pages);- Nomination from a Fellow of the CCS (Name as part of application);- CV;- A headshot photo; and- Application fee of $200 (to cover administrative costs including certificate).
For more information, or to submit an application please contact: