New Deadline: August 15
CCS recognizes the need to support early-career members and are committed to ensuring generational development and representation across our programs and activities. That’s why we’re excited to announce a new CCS program called CAN-Fuel (CANadian Cardiovascular FUturE Leaders).
The CAN-Fuel program focuses on leadership development among early-career members, including those who are transitioning to practice.
We’re currently accepting nominations for 20 early-career members and 20 mentors to take part in the inaugural meeting of the program.
This is a tremendous opportunity to be involved in the development of a novel program that will contribute to career leadership development in cardiovascular medicine and bring value to CCS members.
About the inaugural meeting of CAN-Fuel
Where: At the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC)
When: Wednesday, October 23rd, from noon to 18:30
- A networking lunch
- A generative discussion as a form of needs assessment to inform the development of the what CCS intends to be a year-round, multi-pronged leadership development program
- Presentations on leadership
- Speed mentoring
- Closing reception
CCS will cover the cost of one night accommodation for all participants.
Eligibility and nomination requirements for early-career members*:
Candidates must be in their first seven years of practice. Trainees transitioning to practice are also eligible. All applicants must be members of the CCS in good standing.
To be considered, nominations must include:
- a personal letter from the candidate explaining why they feel they should be part of this inaugural meeting, including a brief description of their leadership journey to date
- the name of a CCS member who supports your application (the nominator). Note that we will contact them via email; and
- an abbreviated CV highlighting leadership activity and/or capacity for leadership in the future
* Candidates can self-nominate
Nomination requirements for mentors:
- A personal letter explaining why you feel you should be part of CAN-Fuel as a mentor and specifically what value you would bring to the mentor/mentee relationship
Selection criteria and process
We’re looking for participants with a desire to take part and fully contribute in the session and help shape the future of the CAN-Fuel program. The selection committee will review all nominations and make final selections to ensure geographic, specialty and gender representation as much as possible.
How to submit a nomination and deadline: Interested applicants are asked to send their application by clicking on one of the following links and submit the required documents by August 15.