CCS Women in Cardiovascular Medicine/Science Mentorship Award
This award is in recognition of women in cardiovascular medicine/science who are outstanding mentors to junior women in cardiovascular medicine/science.
To be eligible for Women in Cardiovascular Medicine/Science Mentorship Award, candidates must:
- The nominee is a Canadian citizen and must be a member of CCS;
- Be a woman who practices in the field(s) of cardiovascular medicine/science who has tangibly demonstrated a longstanding commitment and successful ability to offer outstanding academic/clinical mentorship and appropriate guidance, feedback and support to junior women in cardiovascular medicine/science.
A Nomination submission must include the following documents:
- Letter from the primary nominator outlining the rationale for the nomination;
- Letter of support from a second person;
- 1-2 page Biography of the nominee.
The nomination from CCS Member/Member in Training mentees and/or a senior colleague who has observed the nominee acting in a mentor capacity should include the following criteria;
- Long term commitment to career development of women: evidence that the nominee has demonstrated a sustained commitment to mentoring of each mentee over a period of at least three (3) years;
- Fosters supportive environment for mentorship/career development of women: evidence that the nominee has provided a supportive environment for professional development for women in cardiovascular medicine and research;
- Impact as a mentor: Evidence the nominee has been influential in mentee career development and progression, and whose actions have inspired mentees to become mentors to other women.
Note: To mitigate direct conflict of interest, mentees submitting nomination letters should NOT be current doctoral students or postdoctoral fellows with the nominee
Submit a nomination by email: CCS Nominations and Awards Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the plaque presentation at the annual CCS Awards Ceremony, which takes place during the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, the Women in Cardiovascular Medicine/Science Mentorship Award recipient will receive complimentary registration for the current year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.