Trainee Excellence in Education Award
This Award was first presented in 2002. It acknowledges a CCS Member-in-Training for their extraordinary accomplishment in all aspects of medical education in any of the cardiovascular fields, be that adult cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, pediatric cardiology or pure research.
Nominations are solicited from CCS Members, Program Directors, Chiefs of Cardiology and Deans of Medicine.
The CCS Trainee Member should have:
- The nominee is a Canadian citizen and must be a member of CCS;
- Earned distinction as an outstanding teacher of fellow trainees, junior house-staff and medical students;
- Acquired accomplishments illustrating initiative and innovation in, and contributions to medical education.
A Nomination submission must include the following documents:
- Letter from the primary nominator outlining the rationale for the nomination;
- Second letter of support from the Program Director of the nominee;
- 1-2 page Biography of the nominee.
Submit a Nomination by email: CCS Nominations and Awards Committee email@example.com
In addition to the plaque presentation at the annual CCS Awards Ceremony, which takes place during the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, the Trainee Excellence in Education Award recipient will receive up to $1,000 travel bursary and complimentary registration for the current year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.