Trainee Excellence in Education Award
Deadline: May 17, 2021 (no later than 12:00 Noon EDT)
This Award was first presented in 2002. It acknowledges a CCS Member-in-Training for their extraordinary accomplishment in all aspects of medical education in any of the cardiovascular fields, be that adult cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, pediatric cardiology or pure research.
Nominations are solicited from CCS Members, Program Directors, Chiefs of Cardiology and Deans of Medicine.
The CCS Trainee Member should have:
- The nominee is a Canadian citizen and must be a member of CCS;
- Earned distinction as an outstanding teacher of fellow trainees, junior house-staff and medical students;
- Acquired accomplishments illustrating initiative and innovation in, and contributions to medical education.
A Nomination submission must include the following documents:
- Letter from the primary nominator outlining the rationale for the nomination;
- Second letter of support from the Program Director of the nominee;
- 1-2 page Biography of the nominee.
Submit a Nomination by email: CCS Nominations and Awards Committee email@example.com
In addition to the plaque presentation at the annual CCS Awards Ceremony, which takes place during the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, the Trainee Excellence in Education Award recipient will receive up to $1,000 travel bursary and complimentary registration for the current year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
2020 – Dan Belliveau, Halifax & Andrew Caddell, Halifax
2019 – Guillaume Marquis-Gravel, Montréal
2018 – William McIntyre, Hamilton
2017 – Andrew Moeller, Ottawa
2016 – Laura Banks, Toronto
2015 – Dimitrios Tsirigotis, Toronto
2014 – James McKinney, Vancouver
2013 – Benjamin Hibbert, Ottawa
2012 – Brian Potter, Boston, MA
2011 – Jacob Udell, Boston, MA
2010 – Gilbert Tang, Toronto
2009 – Joel Price, Ottawa
2008 – Kapil Bhagirath, Winnipeg
2007 – Carolyn Taylor, Vancouver
2006 – Michael Froeschl, Ottawa
2005 – Phillip Jong, Toronto
2004 – Paul Novak, Montréal
2003 – No recipient
2002 – Anil Gupta, Brampton & Davinder Jassal, Halifax