Students of the CCS are those individuals who are currently engaged in a formal Canadian undergraduate medical training or research program. Individuals remain eligible for as long as they are engaged in formal training.
- Fee: Complimentary. Membership fees and associated benefits are covered by the CCS while you are in training.
Student Membership Benefits and Services
As the trusted voice of cardiovascular clinicians, scientists, and CV healthcare professionals in Canada, the CCS advances heart health for all – and membership has its privileges!
Not only do members have access to the CCS’s full complement of highly regarded Clinical Practice Guidelines, knowledge translation tools, and CPD programming, but as a Student of the CCS, you will be able to take advantage of tangible member benefits including:
- Discounted registration rates for the annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, plus discounts on other CCS accredited events and Affiliate events.
- A subscription to the members-only CCS Online and Trainee monthly newsletters, featuring updates on Guidelines, upcoming events, continuing professional development and more.
- The option to find your niche and join one of our 14 Affiliate societies that are part of the One Heart Team – membership is free for students!
The CCS offers many other exclusive benefits for students. You can:
- Apply to be part of the CCS Trainee Committee.
- Help plan the Trainee Program at the annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
- Help plan virtual Trainee Networking Events.
- Apply for the Have a Heart Bursary Program.