Resident / Fellow / Researcher-in-Training
Resident/Fellow/Researcher Members-in-Training are:
- Individuals currently engaged in a formal Canadian cardiovascular-related training program such as Adult Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery
- Trainees who are furthering their training in a cardiovascular subspecialty area (e.g. echocardiography, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology)
- Research Trainees at the PhD or Postdoctoral level in cardiovascular sciences
Individuals remain eligible for such membership for as long as they are in training.
- Fee: Complimentary. Membership fees and associated benefits are covered by the CCS while you are in training.
Resident / Fellow / Researcher-in-Training Membership Benefits and Services
As the trusted voice of cardiovascular clinicians, scientists, and CV healthcare professionals in Canada, the CCS advances heart health for all – and membership has its privileges!
Not only do members have access to the CCS’s full complement of highly regarded Clinical Practice Guidelines, knowledge translation tools, and CPD programming, but as a CCS member-in-training, you will be able to take advantage of tangible member benefits including:
- A free online subscription to the Canadian Journal of Cardiology (a $450.00 value).
- Discounted rates to publish articles in the CJC Open and the new CJC Pediatric & Congenital Heart Disease.
- Discounted registration rates for the annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, plus discounts on other CCS accredited events and Affiliate events.
- Exclusive access to the CCS Affinity Program, offering rates and discounts on products and services from RBC Wealth Management and TD Insurance.
- A subscription to the members-only CCS Online and Trainee monthly newsletters, featuring updates on Guidelines, upcoming events, continuing professional development and more.
- Exclusive access to view the CCS members-only job portal and submit postings for inclusion.
- Exclusive access and posting privileges to the CCS Member Bulletin Board.
- Opportunities to become a trainee representative on committees or working groups that focus on issues you care about.
- The option to find your niche and join one of our 13 Affiliate societies that are part of the One Heart Team – membership is free for trainees!
The CCS offers many other exclusive benefits for trainees. You can:
- Participate in Trainee Review Programs (annual exam preparation courses) for Adult Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, or Cardiac Surgery.
- Apply to be part of the Trainee Committee or the Trainee Representative on the CCS and CCSA Board.
- Help plan the annual Trainee Program at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
- Take part in and help plan virtual Trainee networking events.
- Be eligible for nomination for the annual Dr. Charles Kerr Award.
- Be eligible to apply for the CCS/Bayer Resident Vascular Award.
- Get involved with the Canadian Journal of Cardiology (CJC) as a CJC Editorial Board Member or Reviewer.
- Be an abstract reviewer for the Annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
- Eligible to be nominated for the Trainee in Education Excellence Award.
- Eligible to apply for the Trainee Research Awards (clinical and basic) at CCC.
- Attend and vote at the CCS Annual Business Meeting.
- Help develop Clinical Practices Guidelines and knowledge to action tools.