Research Achievement Award
This award was created in 1982 in recognition of research excellence. The acknowledgement is offered to an established investigator working on an aspect of cardiovascular research in Canada.
Nominations are sought for this most prestigious award from CCS Members, Deans of Canadian Medical Schools and Heads and Program Directors of Cardiovascular Programs in Canada.
The research should:
- Have an identifiable theme;
- Have been conducted, at least in part, in Canada;
- The nominee must be an member of CCS and should currently be actively engaged in research.
A Nomination submission must include the following documents:
- Three letters of support, at least two of them from outside the nominee’s institution. One of the supporters will serve as the primary nominator and must be responsible for gathering the additional two letters of support and related materials;
- A copy of the nominee’s CV.
Note: The selection committee relies heavily on the letters of nomination and support, which should therefore be detailed and provide a clear rationale for the nomination.
Submit a nomination by email: CCS Nominations and Awards Committee email@example.com
Award Prize and Oral Presentation:
In addition to the plaque presentation at the annual CCS Awards Ceremony, which takes place during the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, the Research Achievement Award recipient will receive complimentary registration for the current year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. The recipient of this Award will also be asked to present a forty-minute dissertation at the current year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, highlighting selected aspects of his or her research work. When appropriate, one runner-up may be presented with a plaque.