It all began with three doctors who pondered the idea of forming a professional group of heart specialists who could collaborate, connect, and learn from each other. The CCS was originally known as the Canadian Heart Association and in June 1947, a constitution was drafted and an election of officers was held. The Canadian Heart Association / Société canadienne de cardiologie was incorporated in 1949. Some 10 years later, the name was legally changed to the Canadian Cardiovascular Society. Now, as it turns 75, the CCS has more than 2,300 members and is known and respected by cardiovascular healthcare professionals across Canada and around the world.