The CCS is comprised of members with an incredible range of skills, experience, interests, and individual diversity. Our members are passionate and they have heart.
For the Society to reach its maximum potential, it needs your incredible talent to form all standing committees – from Guidelines to the annual Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. Members like you, choose to join committees to learn, contribute, grow professionally, and to shape the development of CCS programs and projects. Your involvement in and dedication to committees are key ingredients to help us advance heart health for all.
Now is your chance to get involved!
Seats are now open on the CCS committees listed below. Support a colleague who wants to become more involved by nominating them, or nominate yourself.
Note: The CCS supports Early Career Members in their professional journey including creating opportunities to be on committees. We strongly encourage these members to apply.
CCS Members-in-Training apply for positions via the Trainee Committee at email@example.com.
A nominee must be a CCS member in good standing and have or demonstrate enthusiasm to develop the following competencies:
- Is willing to serve – applies strong commitment to the CCS, commits to active participation, and manages conflict of interest in both appearance and fact
- Attends to details – completes tasks or assignments on time, without revision
- Offers subject matter expertise – brings needed experience, expertise and perspective as well as balance to committee membership
- Communicates effectively – has strong oral and written communication skills
- Helps expand the CCS Network – expands the diversity of the CCS network of members, contacts and stakeholders to enhance the reach, relevance and effectiveness of the CCS
- Offers professional stature – leverages their clinical knowledge and experience to advise and guide CCS activities, as well as represent the CCS in their undertakings
- Nominations are due by August 29, 2022 no later than 17:00 EDT.
- The decisions regarding committee positions will be communicated to nominees by November 2022
- New positions come into effect as of December 2022.
Remember: you can nominate yourself!
List of CCS Committees with open positions for members for 2022
- Advocacy Committee
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Continuing Professional Development Committee
- Development Committee
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee
- External Relations Committee
- Governance Committee
- Guidelines Committee
- Guidelines Committee Chair
- Membership Committee
- Scientific Program Committee – Education Chair
- Annual Meeting Chair
Committees where there is no open position in 2022 are:
- Journals Committee
- Research Fellowship and Awards Committee
Note: New committees are periodically formed. These opportunities will be brought to the membership as they arise.
If you have any questions, please contact Odette McNeely, Governance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-569-3407.
The call for nominations will close on AUGUST 29, 2022 by 17:00 EDT
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The CCS is guided by its values including the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the cardiovascular community. We strongly encourage nominations from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, cultural heritage, sexual orientation, and/or ability.
Other NewsSee All
CCS Member Dr. Ariane Marelli Appointed Scientific Director of CIHR Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health
January 5, 2024
The CCS extends our heartfelt congratulations to Dr. Ariane Marelli on her recent appointment as the...CCS News Membership
New: The Aortic Team Model and Collaborative Decision Pathways for the Management of Complex Aortic Disease – Clinical Practice Update (CPU) from the Canadian Cardiovascular Society/Canadian Society of Cardiac Surgeons/Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery/Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology
November 9, 2023
Under the co-chair leadership of Drs. Scott McClure, Tom Lindsay, and Michelle Keir, the...Aortic Team Model CCS News Clinical Practice Update
CCS/Pfizer/CHF Alliance Fellowship Recipient Collaborates with Algonquins of Barrière Lake For Healthy Pregnant Hearts
September 29, 2023
Dr. Kelsey McLaughlin, Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the...CCS News Research Fellowships & Awards