The annual call for Guideline and Clinical Practice Update (CPU) topics received 28 high-quality proposals addressing a broad range of cardiovascular care topics.
The CCS Guidelines Committee reviewed each proposal and assessed the suitability for development based on several factors including alignment with CCS’s mission, vision and strategic pillars, impact and relevance to clinical care, availability of new or significant changes in evidence, relevance to patients, relevance to CCS membership, and whether the topic has, or is being addressed by another group. In addition, a review of in-progress Guidelines and CPUs was assessed along with resource requirements to help inform selection decisions.
The CCS Guidelines Committee selected the following topics for development in the 2022-23 cycle:
- Presentation, Diagnosis, and Medical Update of the Management of Heart Failure in Children: Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guideline – Affiliate: CPCA
- 2022 CCS/CAIC Focused Update of the Guidelines for the Use of Antiplatelet Therapy – Affiliate: CAIC
- CCS/CSCS/CSVS/CAIR Clinical Practice Update: The Aortic Team Model and Collaborative Decision
- Pathways for the Management of Complex Aortic Disease – A Multi-Society Expert Consensus – Affiliate: CSCS
- Clinical Practice Update on: Contemporary Management of the Patient with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy – Affiliate endorsement: CHRS, CHFS, CACHNET, CSCS
- Myocardial Infarction with No Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease (MINOCA): CCS/Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance (CWHHA) Position Statement
The next call for topics will launch in late 2022 and we encourage all CCS members to submit!
Chair, Guidelines Committee
Other NewsSee All
Two classes of glucose-lowering drugs reduce risk of heart failure, kidney complications and death – even in patients without type 2 diabetes
September 30, 2022
New Cardiorenal Protection Guideline urges use of GLP-1RA and SGLT2i drugs to save lives; as many as...Cardiorenal Guidelines