The CCS Guidelines Committee is seeking submissions to be considered for guideline and clinical practice update (CPU) topics for development in 2022 – 2023. You must be a CCS member to submit a topic. Work on the statement cannot already be initiated.
Please include the following details in your submission:
- Your contact information
- Whether you are submitting for a guideline or CPU
- Title and focus of the guideline/CPU
- Rationale for developing a statement on this topic now
- Any other information you feel is relevant
- Suggestions for co-chairs or contributing authors
- Identify any recognized CCS Affiliate(s) endorsing the topic submission, if applicable
- Suggestions for knowledge translation approach for the submitted guideline/CPU
Submit a topic suggestion here, by Friday, November 5th, 2021.
Submissions will be evaluated for:
- Topic of urgency and/or significant changes in evidence
- Importance to patient
- Contribution to CJC Impact Factor
- Uniqueness to Canada
- Major gap(s) in clinical care
- Alignment with CCS’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Pillars:
- Mission: Strong heart teams in a heart healthy Canada
- Vision: We advance heart health for all
- Strategic Pillars:
- We set standards for excellence in heart health and care
- We build the knowledge and expertise of the heart team
- We influence policy and advocate for the heart health of all Canadians
Your submission will allow us to continue providing guidelines and CPUs that are highly relevant to our membership. We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: All CCS published guidelines and position statements are listed in the Guidelines Library. Guidelines and position statements currently under development are listed on www.ccs.ca.
*The submission form is only available in English. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Stephanie Boutette (email@example.com) for assistance.
August 18, 2021
June 14, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an enormous burden of illness on cardiac patients and COVID-19...