Activities & Awards
Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) 2021
October 21-24, 2021
CCTN is a proud CCC educational partner. Information on CCTN activities and programming at CCC 2021 will be updated here when available.
CCTN-CHFS Research Competition
The CCTN-CHFS Research Competition was created in 2017 to recognize individuals for outstanding research in the field of heart failure, transplantation, or mechanical circulatory support (MCS). Applicants submitting their research abstract to the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) will be given the opportunity to submit their abstract into the CCTN-CHFS Research Competition.
1) Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
2) To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center. Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows, research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
3) Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted.
1) Abstracts that are accepted for presentation at CCC that are submitted to the CCTN-CHFS Research Competition will be considered, and four finalists will be selected for presentation, 2 from the field of heart failure and 2 from transplant/MCS.
2) In addition to their CCC abstract poster presentation, each finalist will present a moderated presentation of their research at a CCTN-CHFS Research Competition session at the CCC.
Competition Winners and Awards:
1) A panel of judges will score the presentations,and select a 1st and 2nd prize winner. Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project, presentation and ability to answer questions in the discussion period. Winners will be announced at the CHFS Annual General Meeting at CCC.
2) A prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the 1st place winner and $500 to the 2nd place runner-up, and $250 for 3rd and 4th place finalists.
The CCTN and CHFS would like to thank Pfizer Canada for their support of this award.
A call will go out annually to all CCTN and CHFS members adhering to the CCC Call for Science deadline for Abstract submissions.
Canadian Cardiac Transplant Network
1100 – 222 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
1-877-569-3407 Ext. 418