CCS/HLS Atherosclerosis Research Award
The Canadian Cardiovascular Society and HLS Therapeutics are proud to support the CCS/HLS Atherosclerosis Research Award. This research award will support innovative groundbreaking clinical research projects in the area of atherosclerosis. Priority will be given to research that has the potential to advance clinical knowledge of atherosclerosis process linked to inflammation, membrane stability and biomarkers.
This Award is intended for Canadian MDs in the first 5 years of their first clinical appointment in an academic department for a research project on the topic of atherosclerosis.
Two (2) awards of $15,000 each will be awarded based on an independent peer review process.
Application Deadline EXTENDED: Monday, September 20th, 2021 at 11:59 AM EST.
- Be a CCS Member. For more information about CCS Membership, visit the CCS website: http://www.ccs.ca/en/membership
- Applicants must be a Canadian MD in their first 5 years of their first clinical appointment in an academic department at an eligible Canadian institution.
- Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Award funds are solely intended for Canadian research purposes.
- Funded research must be conducted at a site in Canada associated with Canadian research institutions that are eligible to hold research funding (https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/36374.html).
- The award and funds are intended for original research – if the application:
- refers to a multicenter clinical trial, the applicant must specify their specific role in the research study.
- is for a sub-study of an ongoing project or trial, the applicant must specify their role and explain how the sub-study is distinct from the main study.
- Funded research must be completed within 12 months from the start of funding (completed by January 2023).
- Two (2) awards of $15,000 will be awarded based on an independent peer review process.
- Award funds will be administered by the Cardiology Division of the awardee’s affiliated university, or equivalent.
Peer Review Process and Evaluation Committee
All applications will be pre-screened for eligibility. Applications that are late, incorrectly formatted, incomplete and/or do not meet the basic eligibility criteria will not be considered for review.
Peer review of all eligible applications will be conducted by a scientific review committee comprised of CCS members. Reviewers are selected for their subject matter expertise. All eligible proposals will be reviewed by at least three members of the peer review committee. All applicants will receive feedback from reviewers, upon request.
If you have questions about the submission process or require assistance with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com.
The Canadian Cardiovascular Society and HLS are proud to support the CCS-HLS Atherosclerosis Research Award. With this award, we hope to further research on atherosclerosis to improve the lives of Canadians who are affected by this condition, and their families.